Spun Aluminum Toroid Bulk Buy?

Original poster: "Dave Kyle by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-kyleusa-dot-com>

It has been a at least two years since anyone on the list has done a spun
aluminum toroid bulk buy and I was wondering if there was enough pent up
demand to make another one worth while. Come on all you folks with High
Voltage Disease (HVD) you KNOW you NEED one. J

I have a beautiful 6 x 24 inch spun aluminum toroid from an earlier bulk
buy and lately have been thinking a 9 x 30 inch would be especially nice
for my larger coil. I can then migrate the 24 inch to my new DC coil which
is currently under construction. IMHO nothing beats a spun toroid for spark
performance and appearance. Fact is they look cool even with the power off.

I have no experience with organizing a buy but if enough people express
interest and hopefully some of the previous organizers offer their advice I
would be happy to do so. My only interest is getting a big toroid for
something less than the grotesquely high single unit price. I have no
intention of charging any service fee and will pay what everyone else pays
if we can get the bulk buy.

A previous buy for 9 x 30 spun aluminum toroids had these results:

What vendor do we typically use? O.W. Landgren

What is the minimum buy to get to a reasonable cost? ~15

What is that cost? ~$310 a piece

We need just 14 more people to make this a reality. Reply to the list or if
your prefer contact me directly.

Dave

Dave Kyle
Austin, TX USA