Re: NST protection and grounding

Original poster: "Gerwazy WP by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hardtmutha1-at-wp.pl>

At 14:33 2003-06-02, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Kurt Schraner by way of Terry Fritz
><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <k.schraner-at-datacomm.ch>
>
>Hi,
>
>Elementary Q's, but I need help from you experts:
>
>1.) How important is the grounded center tap of the safety gap, when using
>a Terry type filter? Function of the center tap? (My SRSG has only a
>single safety gap).
>
>2.) What are the possible (-and probable-) consequences of a missed
>grounding at the center tap of a HV center tapped NST?
>
>3.) The old Q:
>     Where should the NST be grounded: RF- or line-ground?
>     Here my guess:
>In order to protect the NST, it is better to connect to the line-ground,
>because, by that way, the voltage difference between the line neutral
>(connected to the primary)and HV-center tap is minimized. But, on the
>other hand, in order to protect the line (-and what's connected to it),
>from incoupling of ground strike noise, it is better to use the RF ground.
>
>Or: I'm missing something?
>Thanks for your help!
>
>Kurt

Hi,

sorry for making more questions and dont answering, but... I have got
ground connection screw in my nst and is it center tap of HV or maybe only
connected to the core.

This is tecnoservice NST 10/35.

hardtmuth