RE: Toroid stubborness and HV sickness

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

I can't think of why the sparks may get longer over time; usually with a
poor gap, they get smaller over time.

I didn't understand the dimensions of your toroid - 22.5", 52".  22.5" is a
reasonable major diameter.  What's 52"?

For your RQ gap, how was the number of segments determined?  How many and
what is the segment spacing?  If the total gap is too small, performance
will suffer.

Do you know if your pri-sec coupling is good?  Can you bring the secondary
any closer to the primary, or do you already get racing sparks up the side
of the secondary?  If the coupling is poor, performance will suffer.

Gary Lau
MA, USA