Re: ASAP! Taking Orders for SSTC Power Boards ! ! ! $40.00 each

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 20:43 01/06/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>
>

>The full-bridge would utilize the large ISO-type packages as shown in the
>picture which can take a beating and keep on going.  Also, the heatsink
>arrangements (heatsinks can be purchased
>through a variety of vendors) are very efficient and work extremely well
>with fan cooling.  The full-bridge would accept a variety of FETs ranging
>from 100V up to 1500V IXFN (and other)
>ISO-packaged FETs depending on your design and needs.

I'm surprised by your choice of FETs, the majority of SSTCs that I've seen
use the TO-247 (aka TO-3P) type FETs with additional Schottky and fast
diodes, just because those big 'bricklets' are so darn expensive and
relatively hard to find. I think you might get many more buyers (myself
included) if you made a more modest T0-247 design.

Steve C.