Re: Need a variable-speed 2hp or greater AC motor for serious gap drive

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

If you need one in a hurry, you probably can't be too picky in what you pick
up used.  Best bet is to check out Grainger-dot-com.
They have a very large number of universal motors / induction motors from
the fractional range up to the hundreds of HP.

Why do you need one between 2 and 5 hp for 15-25 kW.  I've typically seen
less than 1HP universal motors used on 15-25kW sized ARSG.
Unless you are making a HUUGGGEEE rotor, than i think a 0.5-1.0HP motor
would suffice.

Dan