Re: Feedback SSTC failure!

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hmmm,

make sure that you have the 317 wired up right, its not just Vin-gnd-Vout.
It sounds like your problems are simply stemming from your power supply
section.  Also, did you double check my schematics against Justin and
Arons?  Im pretty sure mine are correct, but i am only human.  Hmm, maybe
your reading the voltage regulators backwards?  Like, pin 1 is wired to
where pin 3 should be?

As far as i know, you will KNOW when you damage any of the other chips ;)
Usually, they will either glaze over from the heat they develop, or they
will explode.  I think you just need to sort out your power supply
stuff.  I agree that sometimes, SSTC stuff is hell.

Steve Ward