Ignition coil / hv wire suggestions

Original poster: "harry by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harry-at-prcn-dot-org>

I used to drag race as a hobby (Ford Pinto with 400 Hp 351w v8 :) ;) :)

I used an Acell ignition coil (large yellow plastic housing not chrome) it
was advertised as 40kv and is available from Canadian tire and most speed
shops.

Top Fuel Dragsters use magnetos for there ignition and this would have to
be fairly powerful to ignite the raw fuel in the combustion chambers.These
may be difficult to find and rather expensive to buy.

There are also several aftermarket manufacturers who make capacitive
discharge ignitions and multi spark ignitons Mallory is the one that comes
to mind at the moment but there are several others.Advertisements in hot
rod magazines may be a big help.

Also the ignition wires used on most race cars are not suppression core
(carbon and fiberglass) but have a "solid core" approx.
16Ga +  wire with between 6 and 12 mm ( 7 and 8 mm being most common) of
silicone insulation.

I hope this is of help to someone , I will also post this to the tesla and
tesla2 list.

Lance