Re: DC Tesla Coil output

Hi Chris,

It is all the same.  When a gap fires the cap is charged to a given
voltage, say +10000V.  For that moment in time, the cap voltage looks just
like DC to the coil.  If the cap is -10000V the next firing or +10000
again, it really does not matter.  You second question is messy ;-))  but see:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/modact/modact.html

Cheers,

         Terry