Bug Zapper Transformer Ratings

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

All
I took apart a derelict BZ in the yard and removed the HV transformer.

Core X-section is approximately 3/8" x 1/2", two separate windings.
LV 120VAC, 60hz.  HV epoxy encapsulated.   With 123VAC on sec,
primary measured ~ 2.9V (40:1 ratio loaded I would guess - about
4.8kVAC).

Any idea how to calculate VA capacity and safe LTR cap sizing for this

guy?  Thanks!

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA. USA