Re: Question on bleed off resistor

Original poster: "Michael Zwerger by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <michael.zwerger-at-web.de>

>Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>
>[...]
>So you could use 20  10Meg 1/2 watt MMC resistors in a 2 x 10 array which
>would give 50Meg ohms at 10kV and 20 watts.
>[...]

Hi!

I'm new to coiling and to this list, so I don't know if i'm going to ask a
silly question or not. It is always said that the capacitor sees the
multiple voltage of the transformer's output and thus needs to be able to
withstand these high voltages. So why are 10 resistors in a row which
results in 10KV enough? The voltage that lies across the resistors should
be the same, than the one that lies across the cap, shouldn't it? Could you
please explain this to me?

Greetings,
Michael Zwerger