GFI NST transformers OK!

Original poster: "Steve K by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <teslainnovations-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello all,

I just discovered that some of the new ground fault
interrupter transformers are OK for TC use after all.
If you open the top of the transformer and discover an
external box, that's a good sign. My 12/60 Actown
transformer( housed in a large, thin walled box
without insulators ) was of this type. After it failed
under TC use, and seemed to be not able to be bypassed
, I craked off the side of the box, Oddly enough,
there was expoxy in the box and also some embedding
the transformer, but it wasn't connected. There was a
black wire and a white wire, and then a green and
yellow. I connected the black, white, and green, and
left the yellow alone. It worked fine, but then the
yellow started sparking to the green. The must be a
high voltage cap in there. Anyway, after shorting the
yellow with the green, it worked wonderfully. Not only
that, but this soft expoxy is supposed to be a lot
more reliable than the tar, so there still is hope for
these new 2161 NSTs.

Steve Klec

=====
TESLA INNOVATIONS-