Re: Best Sec. form material

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

We use 1/8th wall fiberglass tube for all our coilforms.  We sand inside and
outside of the tube and then coat with 3 coats of red Glyptal.  Overnight
drying between each coat.

If it's a magnet wire coil use Dolph's AC-43 (much better than polys because
it's especially formulated for the transformer industry especially for this
application.  Urethanes will sometimes crack due to temp changes.

If it's a 3 kV PVC wire (larger coils) then use a single coat of clear
Glyptal.  Not multiple coats because it will look yellowish.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913