RE: High Voltage but Low Current fuses...Why ? ? ?

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

May sound like a dumb question, but can you explain to me why you would
need a high voltage fuse for tesla coiling?
If your goal is to provide fusing to the output of a pole transformer or
similar, then fusing should be placed on the
input side instead on the 240VAC etc...

Trying to design a fuse (esp. a high voltage one) is a daunting task in
the least.
Contrary to most people's belief, fuses are EXTREMELY complex devices.
Not something you can just take a piece of wire and
make a simple fusible link out of.

The Captain