Re: Where to buy pfc caps?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <FutureT-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 7/13/03 11:00:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> >I am looking for a power factor correction cap for my 14.4Kv 1.5 KVA PT.
> >where can i buy this?
> >Thanks
> >Adam

Adam,

Are you sure you need PFC for your coil?  Most folks don't bother
with PFC for a PT powered coil.  If it's 120 bps sync, the PF will be
quite good without PFC.  With other arrangements it may not be quite
as good, but often is good enough.

John