Re: 6" Autopsy

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

You might consider coating the boards with Dolph's AC-43 or clear Glyptal
prior to mounting caps on it.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913

 > Got a chance to autopsy my 6" coil.  All of the main components are
 > fine.  What shut the coil down was a breakdown of the canvas phenolic
board
 > that I mounted the components on.  6000V RMS tunneled it's way thru 3" of
 > the phenolic, leading me to believe that the phenolic is hydroscopic.
This