Re: Cap life testing - Re: MMC cap bank - ion inception testing

Hi Ken, Mark, and All,

This is my present idea for the cap life test do determine how long caps
last run way over there AC voltage ratings:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/CapLifeTest-01.gif

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/CapLifeTest-01p.gif

Those little current transformers from DigiKey can monitor the current in
each cap.  The transformer current and temperature, and the rail voltage
are also monitored.  My second newest toy can track all the data and feed
it to my old laptop (actually, my old laptop seems seriously dead tonight
(memory/disk errors will not load OS anymore, battery gone...) :-p, so my
new laptop...):

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewEbayToy.jpg

The 34970a is a super cool data logger!!  It can do just about everything
and it has the 34401 multimeter's electronics to make the measurements. I
got a practically new one (still in the original box) for about 1/3 the new
price off E-bay!  I use them a lot at work, but now I have one of my own to
use for "important" things ;-))

I also have now acquired the "full house" of 1:1 1:10 and 1:100 practically
new Pearson current monitors (in stereo) after a few years on E-bay too ;-)).

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewEbayToy1.jpg

So now you won't all have Terry bidding against you anymore ;o))

BTW - I have the new server online:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewToy1.jpg

Once the DNS's propagate and the records "take", and "if" I didn't screw
the DNS records all up ;-))  I hope to get the mail server going so folks
on AOL and other ISP's that are having trouble getting list mail can use
the mail server here.

Cheers,

	Terry