Re: tungsten rods and a good motor

Original poster: "Edward Wingate by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

 > 1/4 inch dia. tungsten rod is available from McMaster-Carr Supply Co. in
 > Chicago, IL.  p/n 8279K16 in 1/4 x 12 inch lengths for $37.98.  Tel.
 > 630-833-0300.
 >
 > Dr. Resonance
 >
 > Resonance Research Corporation
 > E11870 Shadylane Rd.
 > Baraboo   WI   53913
 >
 >  > electrodes and it was my understanding that someone on this
 >  > list sold 1/4" tungsten rods by the inch. Are you still out there?

DC,

The rod stock I found under this part number is an alloy of 90%
tungsten, 6% nickel, and 4% copper. Although it will work, it's not the
best material for Tesla coil spark gaps as it will erode much faster
than pure tungsten. A little pricey too. This material is made
specifically for EDM (electrical discharge machining).

Ed Wingate RATCB