Sparks from an IGBT brick!

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

Dear List,

I managed to get an IGBT brick-powered OLTC to work. So far it has only
produced tiny 4.5" sparks at 10bps but I believe it has shown there is no
major problem with using bricks.

It used an 8" single turn primary, four 1uF geek group caps, and the
secondary/toroid borrowed off my mini OLTC. Current in the brick was about
1600 Amps at 130kHz. I never even bothered tuning it ;)

Read more about the test at http://www.scopeboy-dot-com/tesla/t4sparks.html
(pictures may take a while to load)

I would like to say a big thanks to Terry Fritz for contributing ideas to
this project, not to mention bricks and caps :)

Steve C.