Proposal for Tesla Coil Data Base

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Zimtesla-at-aol-dot-com>

I have enjoyed reading letters on the Tesla list and looking at web sites
where Tesla coil photos are posted. Seeing what others are doing helps me
to build better coils and get new ideas. I have seen some emperical formula
for max spark length for a given driving power. Also it is mentioned that
so-and-so got xxx inches with a y watt transformer. Lots of times no detail
or photos.

If this already exists, I have missed it - I propose that a data base of
what Tesla list coil builders consider their best effortsbe developed. It
would have to be posted on a web site so everyone could see it. The posting
would be a standardized description of the coil and its components (caps,
xformer, gap design, etc) and a couple photos. The maximum spark length
recorded by the photos would also be given. This might spark (no pun
intended) some friendly competition and would also give newcomers a look at
what others are doing.

I would like to see some feedback on this idea or if it already exists,
some direction on how to find it.
Thanks
Jim