Re: power factor correction?

Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello all

Thanks for the word of warning. But perhaps I misspoke. The cap I used in
the early days did fry on me but the one I use now has been fine for 2
years. I've got an amp meter on my control box that reads the amps to the
coil. With out the cap it reads 22-25 amps with the PFC cap its down to
around 15 amps and doesn't pop the breaker. So, as I'm sure you all are
right about motor start caps, it must be a motor run cap. The cap was
salvaged from the dump. It works great and the coil "rips it up" so all
must be well. But now I know what not to look for the next time I need a
PFC cap so thank you all.

Read you later
Josh

_