Re: Microwave test for secondary formers?

Original poster: "Jerry Chamkis by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jchamkis-at-bga-dot-com>

It's probably a good test for dielectic losses- but it's also possible that
some material has superior high voltage characteristics and works fine at 200
KHz but is lossy at 2.4 GHz.  I'd be careful about doing the test in an oven
you use for food-  you may find some plastics getting hot enough to outgas
noxious fumes.  Maybe start with a 15 second blast.

Jerry

--
Jerry Chamkis
jchamkis-at-bga-dot-com