Re: MMC cap bank

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 05:22 05/07/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Gerry Reynolds by way of Terry Fritz
><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gerryreynolds-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>
>Hi Terry and Jimmy,
>
>I have to admit this issue hooked me too.  It seemed that you both were
>right and there is this apparent paradox.

Cripes... This is more complicated than I thought...

I think the one thing we agree on is that the energy loss per pulse is
always the same, no matter what the bps. Therefore the energy loss per unit
time=power loss=heating at 1000bps will be 10 times what it would be at 100bps.

Therefore if Ohm's Law (P=I^2*R) is still to hold for the losses, such that
P(1000bps)=10*P(100bps), the RMS current must have increased by a factor of
sqrt(10). Either that, or Ohm's Law is wrong... I can hear the free energy
kooks getting excited!

I always thought that the RMS current was a linear function of the bps, so
I learned something new today too :)

Steve C.