She's Dead Captain!

Original poster: "Harold Weiss by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi All,

Hope you had a good fourth of July, I didn't!  I guess my 6" coils Fair
Radio caps had seen their day.  The coil has not worked well since the
night of the waterfall testing.  I was only able to get 24" out of her
tonight. The caps were getting warm, so I let them cool down until after
the finaly, with fan assistance.  I then got about 15 min of runtime before
the streamers died back and I saw smoke in the light of the gap.  It looked
like it came from the caps, but I keep smelling hot phenolic, so it might
be comming from the filter.  I won't have any time for the next week to
check it.  Oh well, I had some upgrades planned for that coil anyway.

David E Weiss