Re: Geek Caps - Ratings and longevity

Original poster: "Chris Roberts by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

That might have done it, but no, I'm not running at resonant value. I'm
simply using the LTR value on the geek group design chart. Terry took a
look at a picture of the caps I sent, and said that they didn't look like
they were damaged.
Here's a picture at:
<http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P7030004.JPG>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P7030004.JPG
As you can see, I was worried about the little depressions that circle the
middle of each cap. But since Terry thinks they are okay, I'm not one to
argue. =D I gave the entire coil a meticulous inspection, along with
cleaning off the spark gap electrodes. I removed a huge amout of carbon (or
whatever that black stuff is) off of them. Mabye that was the problem. I'll
test it again tonight. I hope it works due to it being the fourth. (I hope
I don't have to resort to using "normal" fire works) =D

Original poster: "Gerry Reynolds by way of Terry Fritz "

Hi Chris,

One thought that crossed my mind is if your setup is running close to
resonant charging, the xformer may output more than rated voltage.

Gerry