Re: Comments on my coil?

Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Well if you are using 2 15/60’s and getting 3-4 feet then there must be
room for improvement because I’m getting 5 footers with 2 12/60’s. The
first two things I can think of is your sec coil and your cap. I use twice
as much (0.0692mf) geek cap mmc.
Your secondary is short and the wire is fat. I thought that 22awg was going
to be the thing but I’ve found 24 awg can take it if you got a well made
sec coil.
My coil is 1700 turns on a 4” pvc form 36” tall. I covered the whole thing
with a full can of polyester reason. It has out preformed my old 10” 22awg
coil. That one died a miserable death (wound on a sona tube). My next coil
will be a 6” coil with 1700 turns 24 awg.
Coil winding and coating tip.  Microwave ovens are the best thing for the
home coiler!
All sorts of things can be got out of them. Like the rotisserie motor. A
strong little motor you can plug into the wall. And it turns your coil at
just the right speed to keep the coating of polyester resin from dripping off.

I think your SRSG is fine. I use ¼ bolts they work well and are cheep and
melt less. I also run with 300mf pfc on my nst’s.
The rest looks good.

Good luck
Read you later
Josh