From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 8:19 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: 'true" spark length was Re: Desktop Bipolar Coil

Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

  > system or, to put it another way, a rather low output voltage/energy
  > storage ratio in the secondary. I dare say the result was also
  > dependent to a degree on the humidity content of the air at the time
  > (I recall it as being rather low).
  >

  >From a purely theoretical standpoint, I wouldn't expect humidity to
have a
huge effect.  Humidity has a big effect on static electricity machines
where
you depend on a very high surface resistivity because the charging
current
is so low.  On a TC, though, you've got energy to burn, and corona is
probably a bigger loss source than leakage.