RE: Srike rail/tank circuit shield grounding

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

Hi Chris:

A sheet of chicken wire, if it's anywhere near (< 12"-18") the primary,
would act as a shorted turn and suck energy from the primary, probably
getting quite hot in the process.  Grounded strike rails roughly the O.D.
of the primary and just above it should serve the purpose you seek, and are
constructed to be an incomplete loop, with a small gap of ~1/2" or so
between the ends.  Use copper tubing for the rail, preferably at least
1/4", to minimize corona to the top load and secondary.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

 >Original poster: "Mudford, Chris by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" ><chris.mudford-at-agresearch.co.nz>