Re: Practical limit to number of turns on primary ? ? ?

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <classictesla-at-netzero-dot-com>

Hi Marc,

Even if the space charge is intense around the coil, and leaders are longer
than normal, there is still something unique here to permit the efficiency
of the coil discharge. Dave and Malcolm both have interesting quandry's
about the coil. I am personally curious on the rate of change in efficiency
with voltage and impedance. For example, if the coil was compared to a
similar 1000 turn coil run through the same inputs, regardless of
individual stats, did the change in efficiency with voltage remain constant
or increase with the higher impedance coil. Would make an interesting graph
to look at. Not asking you to jump and do this, but it might be a neat
quick and easy observation to make sometime in the future (assuming it
hasn't already been done).

I'll be waiting to see those "food for thought" images.

Take care,
Bart