Re: Practical limit to number of turns on primary ? ? ?

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Marc,
        A query on this statement from Dave:

On 29 Jan 2003, at 11:51, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

 > In a message dated 1/29/03 7:24:09 AM Pacific Standard Time,
 > tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
 > >Bart,
 > >   I personally believe the extended length of the discharge is due to the
 > >space charging of the system itself. in the 120" strike to the aluminium
 > >ladder, the ladder itself glowed with a corona extending toward the
 > >discharge just before contact.

<snip>

 > Anyway, I guess I'm just wondering if the current level of 2 kVA, 120"
 > sparks is going to be as high as the current level of 7 kVA, 120"
 > sparks, assuming, of course, full proper tuning of both coils?
 >
 > Sparkin' in Memphis,
 > David Rieben

Was that 2kW measured at the wallplug? If so, John Freau's equation
relating power to sparklength is in need of serious revision and you
appear to have reached a cherished goal I first had in mind about 7
years ago.

Regards,
Malcolm