Re: Combining several caps

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

Es tut mir leid,  "elektrolytische condensatoren" sind nicht gut fur deine
Gesundheit. Sie werden, im Teslaarbeit ,die Handgranaten = "BOOOOM"  ;-(
Auch,
4 x 4  1nF, -at- 2000V = 1 nF -at- 8000V.
8000V AC RMS= 11300V Peak V..
24 x 6  1nF -at- 2000V = 4nf -at- 12000V, aber es costet zu viel.

Matt D.

Original poster: "Ramon van der Hilst by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <enqrypzion-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hey all,

for a school project a friend of mine and I are trying to make our own tc.
We've acquired a NST (sec. : 8kV, 10mA at 220V, 50Hz) and so WinTesla
suggested we use a 4 nF capacitator. After searching the internet I found
the following site (in Dutch, yet there's nothing you won't understand ;) )
:
<http://www.jukebox-revival.nl/condensatoren.htm>http://www.jukebox-revival.nl/condensatoren.htm

What seemed the simplest for us is using 16 (C1) 1nF 2kV caps, placed in 4
parallel rows of 4 caps in series. We were wondering whether this is
possible, because the 4 rows might discharge into eachother instead of into
the primary/spark gap. Can that happen, will it, and what could we do about
it?

One smaller question, 6,88 euro (equals about 6 dollar 50) doesn't seem
expensive for a cap at all.. are we missing something? :) or might this be
the wrong type cap?

thanks in advance,

Karen & Ramon