Re: Newb question on transformers

Original poster: "Dan Kunkel by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dankunkel-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>My Question is about the main transformer. Now, is it better to have
>a >high voltage, with a slightly lower current, than a lower
>voltage, >slightly higher current?

Blimpie ,

As I understand it, the higher the voltage the better. This higher charging
voltage can stuff more joules of energy into the tank capacitor.

Dan
*      Nikola Tesla...the Father of Our Modern Electrical Age       *