Re: Terry - "Improved" propeller gap design

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

>As for set screws:

         I have not been following this thread in detail,
         this may be out if line:

         One factor:
         It is common to use TWO setscrews in many
         applications were more 'strength' is needed.
         My impression is that two give more than
         twice the 'strength'

         Three would improve the balance.

         Now.
         Whether two or three would physically FIT is
         a separate issue.  multiple screws may not
         be practical.

==============================
As to shrouds/guards/etc:
         While a given material may be 'bullet proof', it
         All Depends on the BULLET.  Put another way, the
         'strength' of material depends on thickness,
         material, size of threat object, etc...

         A thinnish piece of polycarbonate (aka lexan)
         is of little use.

         best
         dwp

...the net of a million lies...