Re: high voltage resistors

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Unfortunately, ohmite resistors are very poor for HV pulse applications,
even though they may be spec'd to do so.  I recently designed a TWT grid
modulator system which in an
original design used carbon composition resistors (the old ones.)  Since
these resistors have long since been obseleted by all the original
manufacturers (although distributors still
carry them in stock), we were forced to make a different selection.  We
tried all HV pulse type resistors ohmite had to offer, but all failed
repeatedly under pulsed load conditions.
When I say failed, they failed within 100 hours of  testing.  We ended up
going to an IRC pulse duty resistor which proved satisfactory.

Dan

 > A source of resistors that I sort of gave up on for what I needed is
Ohmite.