high voltage resistors

Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

Hello, all!

I'm looking for some inexpensive resistors that will stand off 20kV
pulses.  I have
no objections to using two or three in series.  I need a value of
30-40kohm.  I am
currently using 3 1/2W resistors in series, but question the longterm standoff
ability.  I have been considering the Ohmite OY series - 2W ceramic
composition
that are about .75" long and .3"diameter, available from Digikey.  But at
about a
buck each, I'd rather not spend $40 to discover they won't work!

Thanks,

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group