Primary design for an Inherited TC

Original poster: "Dan by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <toodamtall1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Folks,
I've inherited a non-working TC from the Miami Space &
Science museum. It  had a 9/30 nst, with two glass
plates about 2" apart, a horid gap and a helical
primary with crappy stranded wire around a plastic
planter bucket.

The secondary looks useable though. This is one a guy
tried to make a while back and was sitting in the
corner for a long time. I actually went down to see
DC's coil and noticed this one sitting in a dark
corner.

I pretty much know what all to do, but as far as
primaries go, what would you guys recommend for this
4"X32" primary? It's really tall. Yep that's 32" of
windings, approx. #22 magnet wire. I don't know the
quality of the magnet wire so I was thinking of using
a 15/30 to be safe rather than a 15/60. I'm designing
the primary now but wanted to hear from the experts.
If you think it's ok I could use 2 X 15/30, I have
them.

PROPOSED SPECS:
15/30 nst
alum. duct toroid