Re: Old tesla coil - First light

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Steve Cook by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-g8cyerichmond.freeserve.co.uk>

 > If this is the device I believe it is (the mercury turbine) I wouldn't touch
 > it with a barge pole. In a second or 2 the air would be saturated with
 > mercury vapour.

I didn't open the turbine, but the previous owner of the turbine said
that the mercury was removed many years ago. The room where the
turbine is stored has a funny smell... Maybe just dust, but
I will verify.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz