Re: Potential Transformer Questions???

Original poster: "Terry Blake by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tb3-at-att-dot-net>

Dan,

You can short the output of the PT, but you can also make a little jaccobs
ladder to test current MAX.  You can even take the 500 foot spool of 12 AWG
wire and short it directly across the 120 VAC line and check the current.  I
get 30 A at 140 VAC output from the variac.  Check it yourself.

Just use the 500 foot spool of 12 AWG wire.  You saw me crank that exact
same potential transformer up to 140 volts with a spool of 12 AWG for the
current limiting ballast for 4 minutes.  The current did not go over 25 A.
The ballast did not get hot.  The PT did not go up in smoke.  The crowd did
go wild.

$18 at Home Depot.

http://www.tb3-dot-com/tesla/mrun/index.html

Terry Blake