Questions for Physics show

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Beans45601-at-aol-dot-com>

I have a couple of questions for a physics show i will be doing soon.
first, i know that tesla's goal was to send wireless power through out the
world (i think the whole world), but, why are we not using his wireless
power today? I can only think of one thing, and that the mail coil would
have to be really really loud. And, the ozone would be a problem too...
Also, what exactly is happening when the floressent lightbulb it being lit
with out wires. I know it has to do somwthing with the RF.
Thanks
Adam