Re: scopes and measurements

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi Antonio,

The pic of your waveform, is not as clear as mine.  I have played with the
adjustments, and i have managed to clear things up a bit.  I posted that as
well, but it didnt make it:(.  I tried changing the coupling on my miniTC.
At 1" below the primary, i had 3rd notch, at .5" above, it would swing
between 1st and second notch, then at 1" above, it was a constant 1st
notch!  This of course was with a VERY small gap setting, so i didnt want
to coil killing me with ozone as i play with the scope:).  I was really
surprised to that the lower coupling as it seems was transferring energy
faster.  Why does this happen?  I didnt note any better performance with
the various couplings that i tried, though the scope did;).  Not sure what
to make of it, maybe i can beat my 13" mark with the 4kv 38ma NST :)

Steve Ward.

http://join.msn-dot-com/?page=dept/dialup