RE: turn counters was Re: Sewing machine motor

Original poster: "c d by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vbprg1-at-hotmail-dot-com>

You can just wrap a few strands of your magnet wire around your finger.
Make sure they are touching. Then
measure them up to 2mm or 3mm or what ever number of turns
gets you an even measurement.
Then with some simple
math you can calculate how many turns you
have on your solenoid by its length.
You can do this before or after you wrap the coil.
This might not give you a 100 percent acurate number of turns
on your coil, but will get you very close.

my 2 cents
Chris