RE: Gen 4 Larger coil <assistance please>

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Finn,

Is there a calculator available for relating voltage, power, break rate,
capacitance out there?
Or do I have to do it the hard way manually?

Thanks
Dan

Glenn,

With a topload 12" by 50 inches, you are around the 50kHz mark allright.

With a 14.4 kV polepig, you can fire the caps at 20 kV, so for a power
troughput of 14 kW and a breakrate of 1000 BPS, you should dispence 14
joule at a time, which is possible if your capacitor is 70 nF.

Using MMC calc, set up for the Geek group caps, with a heating coeff. of
22, I get 9 strings of 19 caps, for a total of 171 caps.

You should then tune the coil at 16 turns.

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Tesla list skriver: