Variac Modification

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

I have a 20A, 0-180VAC Variac which only has three connections:

1.  Input AC - (at beginning of windings)
2.  Input AC - (at about 75% to end of windings)
3.  Output Tap

Currently with 120VAC input, you can get about 0-180VAC.

My question is can I simply move that one wire connection at 75% and move it
to the end at 100% to make a 0-120VAC variac?
Electrically i know it will work, but as far as modifying the variac i'm not
sure if it can be effectively done.
Looks like the wire is just solder tacked onto the winding.

I'm using the variac in my 120VAC tesla controller which only requires
0-120VAC output.  I don't want to have any
chance of accidentally over-volting the potential transformer I am running.

Thanks much.

Dan