My 900VA coil

Original poster: "Rob Judd by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <canska-at-a5-dot-com>

http://homepage.a5-dot-com/~canska/tesla/teslapics.html

Just wanted to show the newest batch of pics (taken last night) of my coil.
Its a simple setup, two 15kV 30mA NSTs, safety gap, cylindrical static gap,
LTR MMC array of Cornell Dubilier caps (via The Geek Group) at .015uF 20kV.
Secondary coil is 4.5 inch outter diameter, 22 inches of winding. Its not
nearly as pretty as the "plastic" coil Andreas made, but it works! Longest
streamers I've had with the two nsts was about 38 inches. For a short time I
had 3 nsts (one was flaky and died) which put out many very bright
simultaneous 45-48 inch streamers. All the pics on the site are with two
nsts (900VA).

Just wanted to show what a difference upgrading from my saltwater caps to an
MMC has made! (20" to 38" streamers) I don't know what maximum streamer
length is possible from 900VA, but I reckon 38" isn't too shabby. My sincere
thanks to all the people on this list (and the archives) and the Tesla-2
list for answering my questions over the last 6 months and helping me get
this far!

Btw- I know some of the pics are a bit blurry, they are 2 second exposures,
and I wasn't using a tripod, and it was very very cold :-) I'll try again
next time it warms up a bit and use a tripod!

Rob Judd - canska-at-a5-dot-com