Re: wima fkp1 mmc

Original poster: "jimmy hynes by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>

What I mean is that compared to an identical coil, but driven with
transformers and a spark gap, it will have to carry twice the current. The
mmc is probably what is going to limit the power of my system. every other
part of the system shouldn't mind break rates to up to 1500 or so. I
ordered some geek caps yesterday. I knew there weren't many failures, but I
didn't know how close to failing the rest were. The only reason to go with
wima would be that I might not have to put more capacitors in series, just
so I can get more in parallel.

Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz "

Define "especially hard on caps," please.

Also, if it means anything, of the thousand(s) of caps we've sold (I'm not
privy to the precise
number), I've only heard of three caps failing. The most recent appeared
to be a
manufacturing defect. The other two were destroyed by John Dyer when he
was running a
20kV MMC at about 26.5kV (15kV NSTs at 150V input) with a widely-spaced
static gap.

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group

1/7/2003 6:45:19 PM, "Tesla list" wrote:

 >Original poster: "jimmy hynes by way of Terry Fritz "

 >Where can I find Wima fkp1 series capacitors? Jan Wagner recommended these,
 >and from Terr! y's testing that I found in the archives, it looks like these
 >are able to stand the highest currents. I would go with geek group
 >capacitors but my design is especially hard on the caps, and I'm not sure
 >geek caps can take it. I checked digikey, allied, arrow, and some other
 >places, but I cant find them.
 >

 >Jimmy

Jimmy