Re: Negative Resistance

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Wall Richard Wayne by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

 > Steve,
 >
 > Good thinking also on your behalf.  For those concerned that a solid state
 > diode does not have ionization like a spark gap, I suggest using a common
 > neon bulb.  After Neon striking (ionization) there is also a "negative
 > resistance" in their EI curve.  I don't have the time, but maybe someone
 > will design a circuit for dead on tuning a TC primary and secondary around
 > the common (cheap) neon bulb.  Terry?
 >
 > RWW

	Sorry.  The deionization time is way too long for a relaxation
oscillator at TC frequencies.  Of course, as a voltage indicator.....

Ed