Alternative MOT Configuration

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi All

I think we're now all pretty comfortable with multiple MOT units.

Looking at the specs for some valves (as I was brought up to say - vacuum
tubes to everyone else ;-) that I might be able to lay my hands on for VTTC
use, I found that they had a relatively low plate voltage - lower than the
output of a single MOT.

Has anyone had any experience, or can they comment on, wiring MOTs with
series primaries and parallel secondaries?  Matching isn't a problem
because I've got several identical model pairs floating (if that's the word
for something that heavy!) around.

Having not plugged one into my newly acquired 110V (I'm in 240V 50Hz land)
transformer, I'm uncertain as to how they would behave on less than half
the designed primary voltage.

If this arrangement works OK, I should be able to feed multiple valves with
all the plate current I'd ever need...

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith            | Business: http://www.kbc-dot-net.au