Re: which ground is best if you can't use RF?

Original poster: "Luigi Calligaris by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <luigicalligaris-at-libero.it>

Certainly the 75' cable will be the safer choice.

Once the water pipes were made of metal, so they provided a good grounding
in any case, because they passed throught tens of meters underground, but
today
water pipes are often made of plastic, and they can't be used to ground a
tesla.

Also when running a Tesla standing waves can develop into the earth
conductor
so it won't be a good idea to use as a ground connection the pipes,
same situation occours for the earth plug in the wall (but a lot more
dangerous:
the standing waves are likely to cause big damages to any device connected
to the
wall plugs if the required conditions are met, as a high impedance of the
wires).

Remember that the RF current passes throught a little layer of the conductor
because of skin effect, so a cable 75' long will have a high impedance to
the current.
For that reason i would recommend you to use a large diameter cable. Look
for
earth ground cables coming from the roof and passing near the window....if
you're
luck you can connect the tesla to these cables (they are designed to sustain
impulsive
currents in the million ampere-range when a lighting strikes) and shorten
your earth
cable (resulting in lower cost and lower cable impedance).