Re: Ignition Coil for DC Resonant charging

Original poster: "robert & june heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Steve Y: Ignition coils, like a TC, produce a pulse of high voltage as the
magnetic field collapses with the discharge of the o.22uf capacitor If you
cause high voltage current to continue the coil will heat. by using an
isolation diode ( 40 Kv) you can charge capacitors. If you use an ignition
coil to fire a spark gap you nead a series resistor ( resistance wire) to
prevent current being fed back into your coil. Ignition coils can power slow
rep rate TC coils and other DC high voltage circuits, but they do poorly in
any continious power circuits. Pulse charged DC circuits to power a geiger
counter , laser, or low rep rate TC work well.
    Robert  H
--

 > From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
 > Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 12:39:22 -0700
 > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
 > Subject: Re: Ignition Coil for DC Resonant charging
 >
 > Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"