Re: Best location for spark gap

Original poster: "robert & june heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Gary Lau: I have used just such a power supply. The moment the spark gap
fires the power supply goes to max power arc and dosent stop untill the
voltage drops to less than 300v. $25,000 high voltage rectifier  made by
Gilfillan Bros goes to smoke and the main 100A 3-phase breakers trip. By
adding a simple 15T 1" x 6" air core series choke coil The problem stopped
after replacing 3 rectifiers paid by USAF. One of those hard learned lessons
    Robert  H