Almost done

Original poster: "Tim Huneke by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ibatou2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

  My class finished our coil with everyones help. Our only problem is we
get corona from the top of the secondary, but no matter what topload we try
we just can't get streamers. we have a 12kv nst, "six-pack beer bottle"
caps, a flexible spark gap built out of 1/4" tubing, which all feeds a
primary of 14 turns of 1/4" copper tubing (flat).  Our secondary is 4" PVC
wrapped with 1000 turns of 22 ga magnet wire. We have tried the gazing ball
route (yes I made sure it was glass) and we also tried 3" flex duct. We got
some neat arcs to the top load and tried adjusting the distance from the
secondary to the top load, but we never could get any streamers or corona
from the top load. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks